A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

blogging dry spell

Hello World!

What have I been up to, you ask?

Well, not a lot really. Not much that seems particularly exciting anyway.

I picked up Half Life 2 again. I'd played it ages and ages ago, and got most of the way through the game. Still had it installed on my desktop, so I finished it up. Great fun! I also went ahead and grabbed Half Life 2: Episode One, the first part of the sequel to HL2. Its good so far.

Been kinda dry on the gaming front lately as well. Maybe that's why I havent been blogriffic. But I fell off of the blog bandwagon this time last year too, I think. Maybe its seasonal. But gaming - one of our four TSOY players has headed back to school out of state. We had planned to wrap up our loose ends and bring the current story to a close, and sadly had little time in which to do it. But I planned for it and had some things ready to move, but both of our last two sessions got canceled. Which sucks. So, no closure to the story. I'm not losing any sleep over it, but it does stink. I've offered the remaining three players to wrap it up for them, and perhaps we'll return to it, but its on hold. And for some reason I have found myself completely unable to make it all the way through chargen with Burning Wheel. I'm a little mortified.

What else... work. I should blog about work sometime. I'm never inclined to, because work, while often interesting, is not something that I seek to do with my free time. And I enjoy talking about the stuff I do with my free time. Well, that and I've created a gaming theme with some running and movies and random stuff thrown in, I dont know that I'm really interested in delving deeply into work on here. Just cause, well, its boringish tech stuff.

Oh, music and movies. Ok - I bought the new Ok Go album. It was like $7 on iTunes, and I couldnt pass it up. Its catchy and fun, and has some really good sound to it. I fear it will not hold my interest for months - like say.. the NIN 'With Teeth' album has, but I'm enjoying it. And movies.. I swear I've seen like half a dozen movies, but... Oh, that's right. Movies lately have failed to make any impression on me. I've just been underwhelmed with them alot lately. Like, alot moreso than usual, it feels like. I fit oddly in the middle of alot of people I know, on the one hand, the people who scorn 99% of movies and movie watching, and on the other, the folks who are big fans of almost everything. *Shrug* Anyway - in brief, and I wish I could remember which movies they were.. but I just totally didnt feel attached to the characters or the story, which is kinda the point of watching a movie, isnt it? The one almost exception was 16 Blocks, with Bruce Willis and Mos Def, both of whom I like. And I liked the movie. Right up until the end. I won't spoil it for you, if you're reading this and havent watched it, but the ending really soured the whole movie for me.

Anyway, that's about it. Sorry I dont have more fun or interesting stuff to share, but I'll see what I can do.

No comments: