A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, April 9, 2007

What's the word for "tacky shit that people pawn off as a memorial"?

Here:

http://www.wtcproof.com/ [check the volume of your speakers before clicking. Safe for work.]

I have seen this on TV a few times. If you skipped clicking the link, and in retrospect, I certainly do not blame you - you have the opportunity to purchase a gold plated coin that has a silver plated world trade center that you can literally pop up and display as a semi-3D tribute to 9/11. If that sounds ridiculous, kitsch, and fucking stupid, then we're on the same page.

The first time I saw the commercial, I thought it was a satire commercial, like the kind Saturday Night Live used to do.

Anyway, I had to share the train-wreck-horror with you.

No comments: