A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

French Dip

In lieu of a real post, you get this:

I have, for weeks now, been craving a French Dip.

Memphis has tons of great barbecue, good burgers, and some international cuisine, but I don't know where to go in order to get a good french dip. Huey's claims to have one, and I may go try it, Crescent City Cafe might have one.. I'm hesitant to try the O'Ruby Friday's places..

mmmm au jus.


-----------
edit: 9/2/07

So it turns out that Huey's has a poor French Dip (but totally get a burger there, its my #1 recommendation). Fox & the Hound didn't have one, Crescent City didn't have one, even TGIFridays didn't have one. Soon I'll be hitting McAllisters, which supposedly has a delicious one. I sure wish I could recall which eatery my terrific memory of a french dip comes from.

No comments: