A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Quick update

No longer can I pencil the words "to the" in on my business card, between "Assistant" and "IT Director". (2 points for fans of 'The Office' who get my joke)

I got a promotion, and am now an IT Director. Yup, yup. No corner office or gold nameplate or anything yet, I'm afraid. And to be completely honest, the position came open when my boss (the former IT Director) got a promotion, but still, I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'm excited.

In the last few days, knowing about it, but without knowing any details, I'd of course managed to convince myself how I'd now be making a jabillion dollars and would be given a gold BMW. Sadly, I did not get a BMW, gold or otherwise, and I did not get a jabillion dollars, but I did get a healthy payraise. Again - certainly not complaining, but yknow - one always hungers for more.

So that's my exciting news. Also in exciting news: me and the wife are headed to Virginia for the rest of the week for her dad's 50th birthday. It'll be a fun and relaxing trip.

No comments: