A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Roundup

My, my, its been a busy holiday for us so far.

Much to do, and only so much time to do it all.

Let me think back and recall what we've been up to.

The weather was crazy here. Tuesday of last week I had lunch with my dad and it was bitterly cold and wet. Rain with a hint of sleet mixed in, strong winds, and hovering around 31 degrees. By that evening though it was approaching 50 or 60 degrees.

My work let out early on Christmas Eve. Krissi and I sat around relaxing until it was time to go to my mom's place for festivities. We headed up to Cordova and hung out with James and Keshia and Mom, had good food and sat around and chatted, then back to Horn Lake we went.


We slept in a bit on Christmas morning, springing from the bed around 9:30. I called Maddie to wish her a secular Merry Christmas when she informed me that she was on call today, instead of having to work all day, and so I had her go grab John so that they could join us for Christmas breakfast, which I think we did last year as well. Krissi and I opened presents from her family, and a few small things from each other. For those of you that see me, I'll be carrying a camera around constantly, since I intend to take pictures with it on a daily basis for the next year. Travis and his roommate, Jessie, came over, followed shortly by Maddie and John and their dogs, and we all had delicious breakfast together and sat around and chatted.


Around noon, we talked Travis into going to grab his copy of Tropic Thunder to lend to us. So Travis and Jessie headed off for more Christmas festivities elsewhere, while the Williams' settled in on the couches. Later, after movie watching and maybe just a tiny bit of couch-napping, we headed off in search of food. We ended up at Fox and Hound for supper, and then back to our place for some more relaxing on the couch. Eventually, we called it a night and the other Williams' headed off for distant Southaven.

Friday and Saturday have thoroughly bunched up together, and I'm at a loss to share with you the details. I fiddled with the new camera (a fujifilm S700), we played some Agricola, which John picked up over the holiday, I ran a D&D game for my little crowd plus our friend Todd. We even got to see the Youngers for awhile.



On Sunday I got up and cooked Rouladen to take to my dad's house for festivities in the afternoon. Krissi and I ran by Kohls to spend some gift card money, and we both came away with new shoes. Woo! We made it to my dad's place for a chaotic christmas, complete with at least 6 children under the age of 4 years. We had a good time though, and ate well.



We were so busy over the holiday, that I was not ready to get back to work today. I could so have used another two days just to relax. But the holiday was fantastic. We had a great time, and spent it with awesome friends, and terrific family.

Things that I did not get time to do at all, that need to be done:

Fix fallen board and busted gate on our back fence.

Continue painting the nursery. There is a deadline of sorts.

No comments: