A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, May 15, 2006

not forgotten

Hello Reader,

I have not forgotten my blog, I have simply been too distracted to get on here and do any real posting.

I'm sure there was some stuff I meant to post about in the last week or two, in fact I started a post last week, but never finished it.

We *did* go see Thank You For Smoking. It was very entertaining. I recommend it.

This past week I went to Montezuma, Indiana for business. My boss and I drove up there Wednesday afternoon and I got a tour of the mill up there, and we came back Thursday afternoon. Six hours each way. It was a long trip, but I got to meet the folks up there and see the operation.

The big thing that is coming up is our backpacking expedition. Krissi and I, as well as Maddie and Jason are going to go backpacking along the Buffalo River out in Arkansas this coming weekend. The kind of backpacking where you carry food, sleeping bag, tent, water, filter, and all the other stuff you need to live in the woods for 3 days straight. It'll be alot of fun to unplug for a bit. I'll be keeping a journal and reposting here for my (and your) entertainment.

This past Saturday, Maddie and I hit the pavement at 6AM for a seven mile run. It was a little exhausting. But it was super good. That same afternoon we packed up our full camping packs and set off on a test run. We did a two mile walk with them, and actually setup camp in a little park, just to test everything out. It went pretty well, and I'm glad we did it. It gives me a solid idea of what to expect. I'll be able to trim down what I'm carrying a little.

If there is more exciting stuff to share, then I've forgotten about it for the moment.

No comments: