A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'm still out here

So I meant to come and post a time or two recently and just didnt feel it.

Last weekend - the 22nd/23rd, Krissi and I drove to Atlanta to visit her folks. They were in town visiting Brian, my wife's uncle, and his wife, Michelle, both of whom are very cool people. Also they were there to attend a conference for a fiction author that my mother-in-law is a big fan of. So we got a day hanging out in Dallas, Georgia, during which time Michelle fed us all tons of yummy Margaritas, and I managed to get a 3 mile run in, which was very nice in the hilly country. We drove down to Atlanta. Relying on my navigation, we promptly got lost, but grabbed a map and quickly found our way. We found a great little gaming shop there called Oxford Games. Shortly after we found our hotel, and caught up with Krissi's parents. Krissi and her mom went and hung out with the author and the other folks gathered there. The rest of the evening we just relaxed a bit and hit the sack. Sunday Krissi and I hung out for a bit before getting our stuff together and heading back toward home. On the way out of town we picked up the Riddle of Steel which I'll post some more about shortly.

The drive was not bad. I spent much of the trip, both coming and going listening to the Sons of Kryos on my iPod. Its good stuff, a little hit and miss, but I'm enjoying it alot.

Much of the rest of our time has been spent, as usual, with work and sleep and a little play and so forth.

I also ordered and promptly received The Burning Wheel. A great game by Luke Crane. Again, I'll talk more about it soon.

So that's the generic update!

No comments: