A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Crikey!

Sadly, I dont have anything especially profound or insightful to say.

I wasnt a huge Steve Irwin fan. I've seen him on TV more than a few times, I guess it was probably on Crocodile Hunter. But I didnt follow him or the show. I didnt tape them. I didnt make a point to watch them. Heck, I might not have been able to immediately give you his name if you asked me who the Croc Hunter guy was.

But despite this, I am deeply saddened by his death. I feel a strange sense of loss. It feels like someone that I knew, or was close to, has died. I dont know why his death makes such a strong impression on me. I can only imagine that perhaps it was his obvious joy for life. His constant exuberance and energy and excitement was contagious. I feel like we have lost someone really important.

I'm sad that you've left us, Steve. It was before your time.

No comments: