A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Politics

Huzzah Obama!

I'm very pleased that he has clinched the Democratic nomination. I find him to be a captivating candidate, and believe that he will be an amazing leader for this country. I'm MIGHTY disappointed to see that some Clinton backers are so mad, that they're declaring for McCain. I feel that, were the situation reversed, and Clinton had clinched the nomination, that I'd be disappointed, but certainly would throw the baby out with the bath water. C'mon people, get a grip.

On the other hand, if Obama fails to win in November, I can live. I am against many things that McCain stands for, but I think that he is capable of being a good leader of the country, as opposed to the asshats that have been running things for the last 8 years.

I'm afire with speculation now about the VP nom for Obama. The big question of course is to Clinton or not to Clinton. While I think that she has a fairly strong case to make for being the VP nominee, I think that he'll choose someone else. I think that he'll choose someone else and that Clinton will still stump for him, because, as I heard on NPR, she wants to get the Democratic nomination in 2012 if Obama fails to beat McCain, and unless she toes the lines, she won't be able to. I wish we could see Obama/Edwards, but Edwards has already shot that down :(

Anyway, that's it. Congrats, Obama. I look forward to voting for you in November! Good luck, man. It may be a tough fight.

No comments: