A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The joys of arguing with people on the internet




So, if you've ever read this blog, you may have gotten the impression that I like D&D 4e.

I let myself get drawn into a mostly polite discussion about D&D4 vs 3.x

In conversations like this, no one wins.

Still, I couldn't help myself.

I think I've gotten sick of this: "Your game sucks. its just a video game/board game/whatever. its not even a role playing game, it sucks and its boring and stupid."

It has little enough to do with the game itself. Its the classic internet troll stance.

No statement of informed opinion, no effort to try to actually discuss any differences.

I know that you're not supposed to feed trolls, but I couldn't help in this case.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: