A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Names removed to protect the innocent

So I love to gripe about email forwards. They seem to both frustrate and entertain me.

I got one about some Chris Angel zodiac thing, basically just a reheated astrology calendar.

This is in the first part of the email that was forwarded to me.

"Read your sign, and then forward it on, with your zodi ac sign and label on the subject line. This is the real Deal, try ignoring or changing it, and the first thing you'll notice is having a horrible day starting tomorrow morning - and it only gets Worse from there."

So... my question is simply this. Assuming that you bought into the truth and power of it in the first place, why would you forward something to a friend or relative that has a chance of giving them bad luck or a terrible day? It sounds like the beginning of a B-grade horror movie.

"My great great aunt sent me this ancient Egyptian puzzle cube! It says here that if I solve it, I'll get riches beyond my wildest dreams, but if I turn it the wrong way, demons from hell will come out and flay my skin off!"

I'm just saying...

Bring on the bad luck, bitches.

No comments: