A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Thursday, November 6, 2008

You Betcha?

I've tried to resist gloating, or joyous celebration because the other guys didn't win, but I have to come clean.

I am just as glad about Obama/Biden getting elected as I am that Palin did not get elected. (and I specifically mean Palin. I'm not talking about McCain here)

She scares the crap out of me.

If you believe the news that is trickling out now, apparently she spent way more than $150,000 of donated RNC money on expensive clothes for her and her family, and this was hidden from McCain for fear that he would flip the fuck out. Which seems like a completely reasonable assumption to me. Apparently she did not know that Africa was a continent. Apparently she did not know which countries made up NAFTA. Apparently she threw temper tantrums over news articles that were unkind to her. Apparently she refused to allow people to prep her for interviews (hence we have the gem of her Couric interview). We have questions about her ethics in Troopergate. Her husband was part of a political party that wanted to secede from the US. She claims that abortion clinic bombers are not terrorists. She is a young earth creationist. Oh I could keep going...

I challenge you to find me a more terrible choice for VP on a big party ticket. Cheney is rotten to the core, but I can't really accuse him of being an idiot. Evil is different than stupid.

No comments: