A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Food: Yum!

I came home from work this evening, and looked in the fridge and the cabinet, and was at a loss for what to eat.

We've done "Jerm's Chicken and Rice and Green Beans" to death. To. Death.

We had a pound of ground beef in the fridge that we needed to eat, and I felt like potatoes. On the other hand, I was feeling so uninspired... hm, potatoes and ground beef? Uninspired.

Trying to just do something a little bit different, I wondered if I could do a schnitzel- breaded meat. I was working with ground beef though.. so I did a little searching and quickly found a recipe.

So I did my good ole sliced up potatoes with olive oil and emeril's seasoning. Along with breaded hamburger patties. Also on a lark, I made up some onion soup. 2 cups of water, 2 beef bullion cubes, about 1/4th of a cup of diced yellow onion (should have used about twice that much onion).. I was uncertain if the onion soup would come out, but it was quite good. Then at the last minute I threw some green beans on the stove, and we were good!

I love food.

No comments: