A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This is what I'm up to (working, apparently)

I'm working about 23 extra hours this week, at my second job. Monday morning was the pits. I worked midnight to 6am, then got to work my usual 8-5 on about 2 hours of sleep. I was functional, but I wouldn't call myself 'keen' or 'alert'. I do not mind the evenings and weekends, but the night stuff is crap. I mentioned to one of the semi-managers that the sunday night thing wasn't going to work for me. I always have a weakness when it comes to telling someone that I will be unable to fulfill their expectations, but this is kinda serious to me, so I managed.

Worked aquatics and reptiles tonight. There ya go - boring details. Yknow, its kinda fun. I don't mind - heck, I'd go as far as 'like' - working with people. I'm fairly charismatic, and I adapt pretty well to having two or three things that need to be done "right now", so I don't mind retail. These 6:30PM to 9:30 or 10PM things are alright. Heck, would you believe that I managed to come home, exercise, run 3 miles, eat, and go to work at 6:30?

No comments: