A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

game ideas

Today feels like a day for blogging.

So I have a couple of game ideas kicking around my head for running D&D. I seem to be gravitating toward ideas that somehow turn the paradigm on its head. I am unlikely to use these, but mulling over them makes me think myself clever.

Underwater! The PCs are merfolk, or sea elves, or otherwise aquatic kind of folks.

Backwards D&D. Generations ago, the ever present fighting between the High Races (dwarves, elves, humans, etc) and the Low Races -or Monstrous Races - (kobolds, goblins, ogres, orcs, bugbears, hobgoblins, etc) took a turn. The monstrous races chased the High Races out of their cities and forests and clanholds. Now the PCs, members of the High Races, live in dank dungeons beneath the ground, hiding from the monsters. From time to time, bands of monsters invade their hidden homes, seeking loot and murder.

No comments: