A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 24: Shadows Over Camelot

2009_01240025

John picked up Shadows Over Camelot recently. Various gaming shops had been pimping it to us, going on about its qualities as a coop board game, where most are very competitive.

We played two games over it the other day, which were okay. We played again this evening and all had a blast with it. We worked well together as players and coordinated our efforts, and achieved a narrow, but well deserved victory. It was a blast.

We also got together earlier in the day for some D&D. In a fortuitous turn of events, while Maddie and John are away from the game, my cousin Robert has joined us. We worked together to create a 7th level warlock for him, which took two and a half hours. We got some playing done though, the group of them are off trying to track down a villagers daughter, who's been kidnapped by a necromancer.

Not that its different than any other session, but today, combat felt like it dragged on for. ever. So much so that it made me daydream about converting the whole campaign to 0e.

Finally, as a I ramble my way to a close, I noticed that some of my blog posts and photos are being picked up by the Main Street Journal, a local-to-Memphis print and online publication, which I thought was pretty darn cool. As an added plus, one of their folks is an avid board game nerd, like the rest of my crowd. Woo!


PS Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law, Keshia!

1 comment:

DerelictMan said...

"We worked together to create a 7th level warlock for him, which took two and a half hours."

Yes, it's ridiculous how arduous the process of character creation for 4e is. A friend of mine ran a Gladiator event at ShadowCon which required a 7th level character, which I did not have with me. Someone suggested that I create one, and I realized then that I wouldn't even want to try it without the aid of software.

"Not that its different than any other session, but today, combat felt like it dragged on for. ever. So much so that it made me daydream about converting the whole campaign to 0e."

I feel your pain. They are all starting to feel that way to me (4e combats, that is), but maybe I'm just burned out on it. BTW, you should convert your campaign to Savage Worlds. :-)