A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, January 5, 2009

Project 365

I'm so behind.

Still to do: 2008 recap blog post. 2009 anticipation blog post. Clean my house. Drive to germantown for like the eightieth time.

Anyway, its worth mentioning that I'm engaging in Project 365.

Observations thusfar: Its tough to take pictures of stuff. Obviously I don't just mean 'stuff'. I could easily take hundreds of boring photos of any old stuff, but neither you or I want to see plain old pictures of my car, or my bathroom sink. But...

I've never taken a photography class, though I'm tempted to try to audit one, or do one of those continuing education things at the local college campus. Back in '04, I had a little digital camera that I took tons and tons of pictures of stuff with, mostly trips, and my friends and I goofing off and drinking way too much, and its tons of fun to look back on them. Now I'm rambling about why I'm doing this, and even I'm getting bored with this post. So- moving right along.

Each day, measured by when I wake up and when I go to sleep, not midnight to midnight, I'll take photos, and upload one. I'll try to upload frequently. No promises.

A few more thoughts, and then I'll wrap this thing up.

Taking halfway descent photos is tough. Like I said. I hope I'll get better at it as the year passes. I've been using picasaweb for the photos, but I'm going to try flickr out. Do you ever have ideas that are hard to catch and grasp? Yeah, this one is like that. I can't help but feel like there's a *good* photo everywhere you look - its just a matter of figuring out how to shoot it right, that makes the difference between just another pic of some stuff, and a good picture.

No comments: