A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 25: Peanut Butter & Jelly

 
Posted by Picasa

(click for larger image)


I got a surprising amount of relaxing done today. We slept in, and I got up around 9:30 and made breakfast for myself and goofed on the computer (picasa problems already discussed), until Krissi got up, and then I made some pancakes for her. I felt the urge to get into the nursery and do some painting, but the energy and motivation was not there. I'm still in some kind of recovery stasis, where we've been so busy since christmas that I feel like I've barely had a moment's rest. For the record, I'm not trying to compare notes with new parents of twins. Anyway.

We did a brief bit of shopping, and then went to Maddie and John's place to see the gang and take those baby pictures. I'll be the first to say that I'm a newbie on the camera, but I'm fortunate to have a pretty nice camera, and to have read up a bit, so I've got some ideas about what contributes to good photos. I'm still working on it, mind you. So we threw open the blinds and used the overcast afternoon sun for lighting (yay!!) and took about 200 baby pictures. I'd be lying if I said that I was not pleased with my work, but I'd also be leaving out some truth if I didn't mention that I seem to have excellent subjects.

We also managed to make it to my mom's place for birthday festivities with James and Keshia. I came away with some sweet coffee and an excellent running shirt, and Fallout 3. Woooooooooooooot.

Um, and finally, since its my birthday tomorrow, I'm celebrating by drinking Blue Moon, which is like, the only beer for me these days.

No comments: