A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A political rant

I feel the need to vent.

I am not hugely politically active. In fact, the first time I have EVER voted in an election of any kind was the most recent, and incredibly disappointing presidential election. I typically avoid political discussions with people the same way I avoid religious discussions, because the way I see it, you and I arguing over our different perspectives/ideas/opinions on our government will only make us both want to hit the other with a stick. Well, I feel that way, anyhow.

Anyway, more to the point, I feel VERY strongly about the current administration, and I wont even get into that right now. I don't know if its a symptom of the administration, or just a part of its whole, or what, but Karl Rove makes me want to vomit. Alot. Then vomit again. I jest, but I think there are insects that I have much higher regard for than Rove. So, still coming around to my point, The Rove/Novak thing has me frothing at the mouth. I won't explain the whole story here, as there are tons of news stories, and articles and opinions about it already, but I'm offering my opinion to boot. I just cannot believe that someone who is an acting part of our government would intentionally leak the name of an active, undercover CIA agent in retaliation for her husband's criticism of the bush administration. Actually, I guess I can believe it. That's what is so horrifying about it. And to make it all that much more ridiculous, the administration has changed its story about the leak, and what will happen to anyone who was responsible for the leak. Furthermore, Novak, the guy who actually printed the name is running around scott free, no criminal charges or anything! I could go on and on and on, but I would just get worked up, and again, I'm not the only person who is appalled by this.

No comments: