A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, June 19, 2006

Firecracker 5k

Hello Reader!

On July 3, I will be participating in a 5k (3.1 mile) race. It is the St. Jude Firecracker 5k.

I've done 5K's before, but I have never solicited pledges from people. Well, this time I am. I am also going to try to do the race in under 25 minutes. I have done a 5k in about 28 minutes before, but this will be a new challenge for me.

I would invite you to support the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital by making a pledge! Any amount is welcome, a dollar or whatever you would like to give! Anything you can offer will make me all the more excited about this race.

Check out the website for the race.

If you would like to pledge, please email me at xjermx@gmail.com and I will gladly supply you with info.

Also, bear in mind that I'll be doing the St. Jude marathon in December, and I will be taking pledges later for that!

Thanks! And after the race you should be able to check the results and see if I made my 25 minutes.

No comments: