A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh look! An update!

Roundup as follows:

Running/exercising/eating/not boozing it up is going well. I hate running in the cold though.

Watched Unforgiven again. Man I love that movie. Easily in my list of Top 10 or so movies. What do I love about it you ask? Well I'll tell you. I love the way that it sets up the old, reformed, washed up killer. I love the way death and dying are brutal and grim affairs. No easy kills, and lots of consequences. Killing is not glamorous or glorious, and is a shameful, dirty affair. I love the kid who claims to be what he's not, wishing that he were like the hardened killers. I love how the hardened killers aren't so hardened. I love how Eastwood's character "puts on his sunglasses" (reference: "putting on one's sunglasses" is an immediately prelude to Kicking Serious Ass, thanks to Blade and The Matrix and such), after the death of his friend. And I love the grimness of his revenge. I love some of the lines from the movie, which I will now share with you:

Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

Little Bill Daggett: You'd be William Munny out of Missouri. Killer of women and children.
Will Munny: That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Little Bill Daggett: I'll see you in hell, William Munny.
Will Munny: Yeah.


I very much wanted to watch No Country For Old Men this weekend, and apparently it started showing on the 9th, but its not playing at a single theater in Memphis/Southaven. What gives? So I'll have to wait a weekend or two to see it, it seems.

Assassins Creed.

Regina Spektor in concert in Nashville this coming Wednesday. Woohoo!

Made yummy chicken noodle soup from scratch last night.

The werewolf game this past weekend? Sucked. Will try again next week.

Paintball scheduled for this coming weekend. WOO!

No comments: