A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indiana Jones

Went and saw the Crystal Skull over the weekend with some friends.

Somewhat spoilery thoughts below:

and scroll down, to keep it friendly to feed-reader people



in 3..








2..







1..





I liked it, with all of its flaws. I find myself willing to overlook its many flaws, and accept it as a fun Indiana Jones flick. I can't swing a dead alien right now without hitting five or six insightful blogs with their feelings about the movie, but we've already established that I'm in love with my own opinion...

I think my friends were put off by the alien stuff. I am too, just a little bit, but not enough to be upset, or to have not enjoyed the movie. Aliens were big stuff in 1950's fiction, I'm okay with seeing that mirrored here. Also, we've already had magic (religious) rocks, the Ark of the Covenant, and the Holy Grail. I'm willing to swallow aliens. And I loved the flying saucer. I mean c'mon - a flying saucer!

Like I said - its flawed, and I won't sit here and try to list its flaws. If you haven't seen it yet, and have read this anyway, I recommend going to see it. Just be prepared for aliens and some of the Indiana Jones pulp camp that we've come to love.

Duh duh duuuh duuUUUUUH, duh duh DUUUUuuuh....

No comments: