A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 40: Workspace, cluttered

From 365


Sorry for the size switching. I'm still new at this, so you'll have to be a bit patient with me here.

I am a terribly cluttered person. There's no refuting it, or prettying it up. My workspace has been a mess, no matter where I work, for at least the last eight years or so. On the other hand, we've tried really hard to unclutter our home and personal life. We've done a good job of not accumulating 'shit', and by that, I mean things that will gather dust. Don't get me wrong, I can't claim that we live a totally frugal lifestyle. I have scores of DVDs, and an Xbox360 that sometimes goes for weeks neglected, but we've tried to cut out bullshit accumulation. Dragons to set on the mantle? No thanks.

But yeah, my workspace? Give me reams and reams of paper, and let me stack it up for weeks, and then ask me for some info from one sheet of paper amongst those reams. That's good stuff.

PS- I have three blackberries on my desk because I'm troubleshooting one, using the other for parts, and the third... hell, I don't even know what the third one is doing there.

No comments: