A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

a letter to my representative

Mr. Wicker,

I am writing to you today to express my outrage at the lies and corruption of our Vice President, Dick Cheney. Specifically, I believe that he has purposefully misled the American voting public. He has been party to misinformation regarding Iraq, and its role regarding both Weapons of Mass Destruction, as well as its involvement with Al Qaeda prior to the invasion of Iraq in 2003. His office has links with the outing of CIA Agent Valarie Plame, which I still do not believe has been investigated fully. His claim that his office does not fall under the Executive branch regarding requirements to turn over material, I believe is absolutely wrong, and I think that he needs to answer for this. He has refused to work with investigators or congress on matters such as his meetings with energy executives, including those of Enron. Furthermore, his belligerent stance on Iran is frightening and worrying to me. Finally, I think that he has served no interest but his own, and that of his friends, specifically and especially with regard to finances, ensuring that his corporate buddies get rich, which much of middle class, and especially the poor, suffer. Mr. Cheney is not above the law, but it seems as though he thinks that he is.

As my elected representative, I ask that you look at this matter, not in partisan light. I ask that you look at it in simple terms of right and wrong. Democrat or Republican aside, what Mr. Cheney is doing is consistently wrong. What Mr. Cheney is doing is consistently wrong for America.

I urge you to consider H Res 333, which outlines further the complaints against Mr. Cheney.

I fear that many Republican politicians will brush this aside as being partisan politics, but I beg you to consider what is really at the heart of this issue, and that is whether or not what Mr. Cheney is doing is right or wrong.

Please support H Res 333. I support the impeachment of Vice President Dick Cheney.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Williams

No comments: