A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, July 16, 2007

A website which will remain nameless

Yknow what I want when I go to an organizations web page? Wait - specifically, an organization that sells stuff to consumers. What I want is to be able to find stuff on it.

Here's what I would consider poor design:

I'm looking for some shoes on your website. When I click on "Mens", and "Shoes", the closest option that I see is "Sneakers", so I click it, but I do not see the shoes that I'm looking for. I go back to "Mens" and "Shoes", but that's the closest thing I see. Then I notice that I'm in something called "New Arrivals". Ok, how about All, or something like that? Nope. No such thing on here. Well, what else is on here. "Clearance". Huh. I'm not looking for clearance, at least, I don't think I am, but I'll try it. Nope, this does not have the shoes I'm looking for either. Let's try a search, we'll put in "shoes". What does that get us? Two pair of shoes that are not the ones we are looking for, and two pages of jeans. Wow. I have no idea how my search for shoes turned up almost no shoes, and a ton of jeans.

This website could only have been less helpful if it stole money from me and/or punched me in the face.

No comments: