A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Roundup.

Bleh, my lower back hurts. I never have back pain. I hope that it is due to my sitting on a bar-stool at the kitchen counter playing on my laptop for like 10 hours on Sunday. Why did I sit on a barstool and play on the laptop instead of moving it to some better location? That is a fantastic question, my friend. I hope that's what it is, instead of having something to do with running, or general oldness.

I tried out the Opera web browser a little. Its supposed to be faster and somewhat better than Firefox. At least, according to one perspective that I read. But I did not find that to be the case at all, and so I'm sticking with Firefox 2, it seems.

I'm blonde again. Did some hair-dyeing this weekend.

Oh, and this gun thing in relation to Virginia Tech. In the past I've fallen on the "I'm okay with people owning guns and stuff" side of the fence, though I'm no frothing NRA type. I overheard someone talking about how easy it is for criminals to get firearms, and I think that is directly related to how easy it is for normal folks to get firearms. I don't think we need to repeal the Second Amendment, but I think we need some tougher controls in place, both for the acquisition of firearms, and for the continued ownership of them.

I ran a tiny demo-type session of Shadow of Yesterday this weekend for Jason and Bill. Jason played in a previous TSoY game with me, but Bill was completely new to it. I was super rusty, but we still had a good time. Also played some Wii, and some For Sale, and watched UFC 70.

Oh yeah, and I played alot of Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday/Armageddon. That's what I was doing in that barstool for 10 hours. My Red Army invaded German-occupied Poland in the summer of 1940, heck yeah!

No comments: