A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Saturday, April 21, 2007

yay

Went and did the Youth Village 5k this morning. I didn't really want to get out of bed this morning, but I did. Oh - I forgot - yesterday was Jason's birthday, and so a few of us went and ate at Bosco's. I had some delicious salmon. Then we went and saw Hot Fuzz, from the guys that brought us Shaun of the Dead. It was very funny and we all very much enjoyed it. We then went and played an enjoyable round of Laser-tag. Jason was 4th place, out of the small army that was in the pit.

Back to today - I made it to the race site a little early, which was cool. It was a gorgeous day today. Beautiful weather, and at 9AM it was hovering between "cool" and "warming up". I did not get a chip to accurately time me, cause, well, I haven't been running, and so I didn't want to see exactly how poorly I could do. In hindsight, I should have gotten a chip - I came across the finish at 27:52, which I'm still pretty happy with. (Note to self: please please please please keep up the running). Afterward, I scarfed down 2 hot dogs and a bag of doritos, then went to starbucks where I sat with my venti black coffee and Slaughterhouse-Five, and very much enjoyed myself.

That's it! Out!

No comments: