A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Sunday, March 26, 2006

games!

Oh… I am not interested in buying an xbox 360. I do not see paying $500 (or close to that) for a console. We have an xbox that Krissi’s brother was kind enough to give to us for Christmas some time ago, and I’ve played it a goodly bit: Halo, Halo 2, Dead or Alive 3, Burnout 3, GTA: San Andreas, Prince of Persia, etc. So we’ve certainly gotten some good play out of it, but I’m really a PC gamer. Well.. I say that.. I play the shit out of Hearts of Iron 2 and such like that, less so with Doom 3 and stuff. Still I’d consider myself primarily a PC gamer.

All of that was lead up to this: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion looks absolutely fantastic. I’ve had my eye on it for some time, and was a big fan of both Daggerfall and Morrowind. I know its out on PC, but I my PC hardware is starting to lag, and I am hesitant to grab it and play it with terrible frame-rate and resolution and so forth. Also, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for the 360 looks bad ass. Again, I’ve been a big fan of the tactical first person shooter for a long time… Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon, etc. This looks fricking awesome on the 360.

So I’m not rushing out to buy a 360. Not today. But uh, I’ll gladly take on off of your hands… Maybe I’ll get us one later this year…. Mmmmmm games……

No comments: