A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, February 6, 2006

Still here

Hi!

Welcome back! (that part's for me)

Thanks for the reminder that I haven't updated here in ages. That I am sometimes flighty and prone to a short attention span will not shock or suprise those who know me.

Letsee... quick update on the last few months that I've negletect here..

Lets try this in semi-list format, shall we?

I have not been doing nearly as much excercise as I'd like to be. I've been super lazy. I need to get back into running and chinups and such.

I have managed to run myself and my one faithful Werewolf the Forsaken player through some fun stuff, but I've neglected it in the last few weeks and need to keep it moving.

I logged into a New World of Darkness MUSH recently and have been playing a bit. I'm of two minds on this. I enjoy the somewhat ready role playing and getting to play, yet these things usually require enormous devotions of time.

Christmas was very good.

I turned 30 in January. It didnt bother me as much as I figured it might have. In the months leading up to it I assumed I'd be super anxious and such, but its just another day. I'm healthy and in an okay place in life, so I have little to complain about. I do however find myself bristling at age jokes implying that I am in fact older and less fit and so forth. But I got to spend my birthday with dear friends, and so it was most excellent.

I gave Dogs in the Vineyard a test run with the same faithful player mentioned above. And we podcasted it :) (MP3 format, about 18 megs)

I actually picked up a book and started reading it, which I have sadly not done in.. years seemingly. At least a book that is not a game book. It is the Shroud of the Thwacker, by comedian Chris Elliott. Its quite entertaining.

I have been playing the hell out of Rome Total War, again. And it rocks my socks.

I am, this very afternoon, agonizing over the choice between purchasing Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. I can only get one right now, and it is a painful decision.

There's tons more that I'm missing due to having left this unupdated for ages, and for that I apologize to myself and to anyone reading, but I'll try to do better going forward.

Now with that out of the way, I will (shortly) respond to to a tag.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments: