A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

no more BBC for me

I started listening to National Public Radio in the car a few years ago. Did away with commercial radio stations entirely, and a large part of the reason was the advertisements on radio. For some reason, radio ads totally set my teeth on edge.

I also found that one of my local NPR stations does a BBC broadcast part of the day. This was awesome, and I became very attached to listening to their news and programming. They've got great programming!

A few weeks ago, the NRP station that rebroadcast BBC went off the air. Apparently it didn't have enough audience to keep it going. And I surely miss it. NPR plays classical music during the day, which is nice, but is not BBC.

I can webcast BBC, but I miss it in my car. =(

No comments: