A collection of rambling posts about gaming, running, and politics. (and, in 2009, photography.)

Monday, June 18, 2007

More tacky shit

I posted here about a ridiculously tacky - and in my opinion, in bad taste - coin memorializing the WTC. I saw it on TV, and it was so ridiculous that I wrote about it on my blog.

Here we are again.

So last night as I'm standing in the kitchen making delicious chicken-potato-broccoli-and-cheese casserole, I happen to see on the TV another OMG HOLY SHIT-FUCK just when I thought that advertising/consumers couldn't possibly become more stupid, I saw this. As before feel free to skip the link: I'll explain. Its a legal tender one dollar coin, that is a 100 year anniversary corvette coin - with light up headlights. For $20. But it's "triple-verified", whatever the fuck that means.

I don't know why I'm so appalled- I'm overreacting. We're not talking genocide here, but I just cannot believe that anyone would sell this, much less fucking buy it. Really, who buys this fucking shit???

/digress

[edit: Its slightly more funny, again, that people would pay $20 for something that is clearly marked, and advertised as being worth one dollar. I'd like to see a NASCAR fan pay for his snuff with that shit.]

[edit again: "The Republic of Palau’s government has authorized this groundbreaking legal tender issue. [...] It will never be released for circulation. "]

No comments: